Tuesday 15 May 2018

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer Review

Having been struggling for some time to find a new product that would work with my now very oily skin and have previously only really used BareMinerals and MAC. I discovered the Sensual Skin Enhancer one night whilst I was getting ready with some girlfriends. I noticed that one of my friends had amazing, flawless skin so I had to know what she was wearing. She explained that she had discovered it in Australia and that it can only be purchased online in the UK! So I was instantly put off, I  am not one for buying foundation/ concealer that you cannot try for yourself in store.


After doing a little bit of research and admiring my friend's skin all night, which stayed flawless throughout the night! I soon changed my mind, so I purchased my first pot back in May this year (2015), and have used it religiously every day since. 

Claims

"Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer is a versatile skin perfecting balm which smoothes, conceals and highlights the skin for a flawless complexion.
Suitable for all skin types, The Sensual Skin Enhancer provides maximum coverage and is perfect for hiding imperfections. Formulated with the perfect blend of Honey and Jojoba Oil, The Sensual Skin Enhancer creates a soft, dewy finish and can be used as a foundation, concealer, and highlighter.
Available in an array of shades to suit all skin tones, The Sensual Skin Enhancer is a must for a radiant complexion and leaves your face looking fresh, flawless and fabulous."



Right, so this tiny little pot retails for about £33.50-£38.00. Now I know what you're thinking OMG that's a lot of money for that tiddly arse little pot! Well let me tell you, IT IS more than worth it. 
As I said previously, I have had my first pot since May and have only just (Aug) decided to buy another pot. Having been walking around like a weird bobblehead, with a tanned body and white face I decided it was about time to purchase a darker shade for the summer months. 
Excuse the picture quality, I obviously haven't got a time machine and can't go back in time to re-take this shot with my new fancy camera and set up. That being said this does accurately represent the existing pot (3 months every day, sometimes twice a day use for full coverage) and the now brand new one. 

My Verdict

As you can see it has hardly made a dent! My verdict on the price, who cares if it's going to last you a year or more!

You only need a tiny amount for full coverage, about half the size of your small fingernail, if that. I can now confirm that the product does, in fact, go all the way down to the bottom of the pot, so there are no hidden false bottoms, like most products. 
I love the Sensual Skin Enhancer it provides such great coverage and not only that but since I have started using this I have noticed hardly any new pimples. I think the main reason for this is because the skin enhancer kind of sits on your skin as opposed to sinks in, so it doesn't actually clog your pores up.
The only downside is that it can take a couple of try's to find the perfect methods of application for you, the issue is that the texture of the skin enhancer is not like any other out there. It is thick, yet doesn't dry, so does require a little work for the flawless look. 
I have found that the best method for myself is to apply moisturiser, primer and then dab the foundation on your face using a brush and then blend it in with your fingertips ensuring they are warm and clean prior to blending. I have found that using a foundation brush just leaves paint strokes and that a beauty blender just doesn't provide enough coverage. 
I go over any problem areas with my fingertips, dabbing on the foundation/ concealer and then blend it in again by dabbing. 
Colour Guide
SX 02 (Warm Ivory Shade for Fair Skin Tones)
SX 03 (Light Shade with Slight Beige Undertones)
SX 04 (Light Shade with Slight Yellow Undertones)
SX 05 (Light Shade with Beige Undertones)
SX 06 (Light Shade with Warm Gold Undertones)
SX 07 (Light Shade with Neutral-Yellow Undertones)
SX 08 (Medium Shade with Warm Gold Undertones
SX 09 (Medium Shade with Rosy Undertones)
SX 10 (Medium-Beige Skin Tones)
SX 11 (a medium shade with gold undertones)
SX 12 (Medium Shade with Yellow Undertones)
SX 13 (Deep Shade with Warm, Rosy-Yellow Undertones)
SX 14 (Deep Shade with Warm Red Undertones)

Originally published in August 2015.
Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig