Monday 21 December 2015

DIY Christmas Ornaments/ Gift Tags

With Christmas almost at our doorstep, I had thought I would do a blog on how to make these gorgeous Gift Tags/ Ornaments. 


These can make any gift look extra special with a lovely personalised touch, at minimal costs!!!

So what so you need:
  • 1.5 Cups Water
  • 2 Cups Baking Soda
  • 1 Cup Cornflour
  • Baking Paper
  • Cookie Cutters 
  • Stamps & Ink
  • Lace Material (if you want to)



Directions:

  1. In a saucepan combine all ingredients. Stir over Medium to High heat. You will need to constantly stir, until you get the mixture to be the consistency of mashed potatoes, like my image below.
  2. Remove from heat and let cool.
  3. Once the mixture is cool to touch, remove from the pan and place on the counter (I used the grease proof baking paper as a mat) ensuring you have enough cornflour n the counter to stop the mixture from sticking. I did my mixture in parts so I didn't roll out too much at once. 
  4. Form the dough into a nice ball, cover with a damp cloth, and allow the dough to cool to about room temperature.
  5. Now you can pre-heat the oven to 80°C.

6.  Here's the fun Part, you can now roll out the dough and can get creative with bits of lace    
     material and create textured pieces. You can also just keep it simple, it's up to you!

7.  Cut out your shapes and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.  




8.  Here is where you should stamp your shames, if you so wish. If you want to use these as gift 
     tags you will need to press holes into the shapes, I just used a piece of bamboo stick.Once 
     you're happy place in the oven and check every 20-30mins, these shouldn't take longer than an 
     hour and should be hard, let them cool and dry for another day then you can use them how you 
     wish.





I hope you enjoy these as much as I did, let me know how you get on :).

UPDATE: I had put the remainder of the dough in a ziplock bag in the fridge and have gone back to it a few weeks later to do some more tags and it was perfectly fine and usable! So if you have left over dough just put it in a zip lock bag and store in the fridge. 

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig