Monday 21 December 2015

DIY Personalised Cup

These are great for fairly cheap Christmas/ Birthday gifts with a personal touch. 


These DIY personalised cups are fairly easy to do, there are lots of tutorials/ reviews of Sharpie cups however I used the Marabu Porcelaine Pens, to get a definite finish. I just don't see how the Sharpie pens last very long once the cups etc. have been washed a few times.. I got mine from Ebay for a few quid, however they are available at craft stores. 

So to begin with you want to have a clean cup, any colour or finish, gloss works best. I just look for a design or come up with a cool idea in my head and draw it on the cup in pencil as shown below. 


Once you're happy, go over the design with the Porcelaine pen . I let it dry for 24 hours or more, then follow the instructions on the pen; cook in the oven at 170°C for 30 minutes and let cool in the oven.


Wipe the cup clean and voilà you have a dishwasher safe personalised cup. 
Here are a few I have done before.





For the watercolour cup see my DIY Watercolour Cup Blog. 

Please note that these pens aren't limited to just cups..... 

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig